This Policy comes into effect on 3rd January 2018.
Your privacy is very important to me.
- This website
- WordPress mobile app for Android and iOS
What personal information do I collect from the people that visit my blog, website or app?
When subscribing to, contacting me through the site or commenting on my blogs, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address or other details to help you with your experience. If you write a comment on a blog and that includes biographic information about you, I will have that information; as will anyone with access to the Internet. If you add biographic information when contacting me via the site, I will have this information. You acknowledge that any personal or biogrphical data that you submit through my website may be available, via the internet, around the world. I cannot prevent the use (or misuse) of such personal data by others. Please do not submit personal data of any third party.
When do I collect information?
I collect information from you when you subscribe to the site or particular blog(s), fill out a form, comment or enter information on my site.
How do I use your information?
I may use the information I collect from you when you subscribe, comment or respond to comments, surf the website, or use certain other site features (such as the Contact Me) in the following ways:
- To follow up with you after email correspondence
- To follow up conversations in the Comment section (s)
How do I protect your information?
- HTTPS is used for protecting page authenticity and protecting user communications
- I do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to Payment Card Industry standards as I only provide articles and information and never ask for credit card numbers.
Does the website use ‘cookies’?
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the site’s or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information. They are also used to help understand your preferences based on previous or current site activity and provide you with improved services. Cookies also help compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interaction.
Cookies are used to:
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future.
You can choose to turn off all cookies through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
How do I share your information
- I do not sell or trade your Personally Identifiable Information
- WordPress.com can share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out in their policy and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy.
- I may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce my site policies, or protect my or others’ rights, property or safety.
Occasionally, at my discretion, I may include or offer third-party products or services on my website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. I, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, I seek to protect the integrity of my site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Children Online Privacy Protection
I do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Information about you on my blogs
Creative Commons ShareAlike License
Changes to the Policy:
- 4th January 2018: Clarified the Creative Commons ShareAlike licence section.
- 7th January 2018: Added “Your tweets may be collated (either as part of a collection of tweets from you and other people or by themselves) using Storify, Wakelet or similar platforms and published on this blog.” to Information About You On My Blogs Section.